Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2 - 5

I hope you all had a great long weekend!

We will learn about the letter E, e as in elephant and egg. We will learn how to write it and the sound that it makes. This can be difficult for some, especially the little e, so be prepared to practice at home. Please refer to the manuscript guide I gave you at Open House! This is the best way to know exactly how I am teaching it to them at school. I can not tell you enough how much you practicing with them at home helps. I am so proud of the ones who are practicing. I can see a HUGE difference! Thank you!! I know it isn't always easy, but it really does help. We started learning how to write the number 3 today. If you thought 2 was hard, just wait until you have to help with 3! We will continue to review all the letters and numbers learned so far.
Our unit this week is SHAPES. Most already know their shapes, but some are still questioning a few. We will learn triangle, square, rectangle, oval, circle, diamond and even talk about octagon and hexagon.

In the supply list I gave out at Open House, I asked for bandaides but have not received any yet. We have needed them on several occasions and have had to borrow some from other teachers. Instead of getting 10 boxes of bandaides, I am asking that the girls send bandaides and for the boys to send ziploc bags. Both of these will be greatly appreciated!!

I will send home the September lunch menu tomorrow for those who are interested in ordering. The kids are doing great with lunch.

Remember, when you go over the papers in their Friday folder, make sure they are with you and you talk about each thing. Reinforcement from the both of us is better than just from me.

Also, to the parents I emailed about missing forms, PLEASE make sure those are turned in ASAP!!

This Friday is a home football game! Wear your red, white and blue!! If you have not purchased tattoos you may do so Thursday. Tattoos have to be applied at home!! I will not put them on at school. We will have a pep rally that day. If you want to take your child, please go to the main office and Mrs. Trecy will call for your child to meet you at the office. This eliminates chaos and confusion for those who are not attending.

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment